The decade perspective of the Central Board encompasses the following objectives:
The Board must:
- Act as a change maker with humanitarian approach by reinforcing the spirit of voluntarism.
- Create an enabling mechanism to facilitate networking of committed social workers for the empowerment of women & children.
- Develop a cadre of sensitive professionals with a gender centric vision committed to equality, justice and social change.
- Recommend gender specific policy initiatives to meet the new challenges for women and children in emerging areas.
- Strengthen voluntary organizations and expand coverage of engendered schemes in areas where they have not yet reached.
- Initiate and strengthen its monitoring role to act as social audit and guide for the voluntary sector so as to access Government funds and resources.
- Generate awareness about the challenges of the society in transition where negative use of technologies and practices are impacting on the wellbeing of women & children.