About the Department
The Dept of Social Welfare, Government of Nagaland was established in the year 1968 with the sole purpose of implementing social welfare schemes. Presently the department is looking after five different ministries: –
- Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Ministry of Human Resource
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
Aims and objectives
- To uplift the most vulnerable section of the society and make them positive partners in the progress of the society.
- To meet the nutritional standards of the children in the age group 0-6years including pregnant and lactating mothers.
- To assist financially the aged, the physically and mentally challenged and the destitute women.
- To protect the childrens from all forms of exploitation and abuse.
- To realize the full potential of the Adolescents Girls by providing them with life skills training as well as nutritional support.